Stop the Gag Reflex. Click to help real people.

October 2, 2009

Scarlet or Scarlett?

We decided months ago that we wanted to name our baby girl Scarlet. We knew the name is sometimes spelled with one "t" and sometimes with two, but we liked the idea of one "t" like the color. But after talking to friends, we've started thinking more about two "t"s, especially considering it is the much more common way of spelling. We really don't want her name misspelled all the time. We need help! Vote on our poll (you might need to scroll down a little since our blog is under construction) then comment and let us know what you think!

5 comments:

Andy Porter said...

Hmmm...I think I like 2. It looks more feminine. You shouldn't rule out Skarlette though. He he he..

Hannah said...

I totally would have spelled it "Scarlet"...I had no idea some people would put 2 't's, let alone that it would be the more common spelling. But I think Andy's right that 2 T's looks a little more feminine. How fun! Good luck.

Paul and Jen said...

That's funny you should ask. When you first posted her name on your blog I thought is that how you spell that? :) Nothing against one t, but I think two looks prettier. LOVE your choice of names.

Megan said...

I agree, the two T's looks a little more feminine and pretty. Not sure why but it does. Good luck!

Cam and Jess said...

Hi Emily! I don't know if you remember me, but this is Jessica Ferrin (we went to EFY together). I randomly found your blog and wanted to say hi! Your family is adorable! Congrats on the new little one :)