Scarlett Lily was born Thursday night and we couldn't be more excited to have her here!
Here's the story:
Thursday morning I started having contractions 15 or 20 minutes apart. I wondered if it might be labor, then I was pretty sure it was the real thing when I saw our thermometer -- sub-zero temperature days are always a good sign a Griffiths baby is coming (it was -10 degrees the day Jack was born).
Knowing the baby was coming soon, we took one last pregnancy picture.
By that afternoon the contractions were five minutes apart, so my parents drove up to Logan to watch Jack, and we headed to the hospital. I was already a dilated to a six when we got there so I got my epidural really quickly.
Three hours later, Scarlett was born! She weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz.
We had been SO worried about how Jack would adjust to Scarlett. But we couldn't be happier with how smoothly it has gone. He asks to hold her all the time, and when we put her on his lap, he says "Camera! Camera!"
Here is the little bundle herself. She really is tiny. Her feet only reach halfway down the legs of these newborn pajamas. We are so glad she is here!

19 comments:
Congratulations you guys! She's beautiful =] Jack looks very excited to be a big brother.
Congratulations! She is one beautiful baby!
She is so cute!! Sounds like everything went incredibly smooth! Congrats!
Congrats! She is a cutie!
She is adorable! Congratulations!!!!!!! Glad Jack loves his little sister. Can't wait to see more updates. You look so good. Congrats again, I'm so happy for you :) !!!
She is BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations!!!
Yea! She is adorable! I'm glad all went well.
Congrats! She is so adorable!
CONGRATS! She is perfect and beautiful! It is so good to hear everything went well!
Oh congratulations Emily! I am so happy for you. She is so beautiful--I can't wait to see more pictures. I'm glad to hear Jack is adjusting well; I am so worried about that with my Jack too. Anyway, I am so happy for you! Congrats again.
P.S. So... I work at your pediatrician's office. I work in the back so when you come in ask if I'm there so I can see you in real life!
She is SO cute! I absolutely Love the name!
OH MY GOSH!! She is so beautiful!! Emily, you look amazing too!! Congratulations!! We are so happy for you!! Try and get some sleep:)
Hooray! She is a gorgeous baby. I hope you're feeling well and get some rest :)
She is so beautiful. I am so glad you are doing well. We are really going to miss you guys!
Congrats Emily, she is such a beautiful baby! And of course you look great too!
Congratulations! Glad all went well.
Emily, I need your pumpkin spice cake recipe! I made it down to my parent's house tonight intending to make it tomorrow for my family party....but I forgot the recipe at home!! Are you around? Can I get this from you? I'll try and call you in the morning.....Thanks!
Congrats! She looks perfect! Glad everything went so smoothly.
Congrats! She is SO tiny and cute.
Post a Comment