Stop the Gag Reflex. Click to help real people.

April 27, 2012

Lucky Wife

I really think I have the most helpful, involved husband in the world. He does SO much with the kids and the house - without being asked! And a huge plus - he NEVER watches tv. I know, it sounds too good to be true. But to prove it's for real, I took a few snapshots of what he did just this afternoon.

When I came outside after putting Tommy to bed, Jonathan had taken Jack and Scarlett to the cemetery to get pinecones and covered them with peanut butter and seeds for the birds.

After laying our sod last summer we never finished our flower beds. Yesterday it looked like this.

And today it looks like this.

Sweeping.

Reading to Jack - not bedtime, just for fun!

PlayDoh

Then showed Jack the "How it's Made" episode about PlayDoh

A load of dishes

NOT PICTURED:
 -When I sheepishly pulled out my new drivers license to show him how bad the picture looked, he made a small gasp and told me how good it looked.

-He led our family in morning and bedtime prayers, and evening scripture reading.

-Unprompted, he told me that he's so glad I'm his wife.

 Ok, the brag session is over. But I'm pretty dang lucky, huh?

3 comments:

Megan said...

You are lucky, Jonathan is quite the guy! But he's lucky too. :) It's good to see you guys doing so well.

Davis Valley Classic said...

What a sweet post about your sweetheart. He looks like he is a great husband and father. I love the pinecone picture! I haven't seen you in a while, I need to go to zumba with you sometime!

Thilltribe said...

That is great! What a sweet family you have. Thank you for sharing. We loved Jonathan as a missionary and I can see age has just imporved him. But, you are pretty amazing and special as well. Where are your pics?