Stop the Gag Reflex. Click to help real people.

March 27, 2011

Our House!

We found a house and have been waiting to close for almost two months now! It seems like it's taking forever. I've been excited to post some pictures but can't wait another couple of weeks until we close! Since it's a HUD house (owned by the government) there has been SO much red tape and they have been beyond terrible to work with. Every time we talk to someone it's more delays. But we are on the home stretch now and we think we will finally close in the next couple of weeks. I'm calling these our "before" pictures. Here it is, our 1950-built, peach-colored beauty. Here's the kitchen. Soon to have butter yellow walls...

and this super fun faucet.

Here's the livingroom. We LOVE the huge window!



Jack's bedroom Part of our front yard. You can see the Centerville Cemetery across the street. The house has been vacant for almost a year so there were about six inches of leaves on the ground. We couldn't resist the urge to rake them up a few weeks ago, and we're hoping rescuing the "grass" underneath isn't a lost cause.

6 comments:

Davis Valley Classic said...

Such a cute house, I love it! I hope you get to move in soon, waiting to close is the worse! That video of your kids made me laugh so hard!

Megan said...

We miss you guys Emily! You have such an adorable family. Also- I LOVE the house! Perfect little first home I think. I am jealous! :)

Andy Porter said...

What a cute house!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Tyler and Lisa said...

Congrats! It's so exciting to have a new house!

Kelly Family said...

Cute house! COngrats!

Matt & Stacie said...

Love the white kitchen and the beadboard in Jack's room! How exciting! You will have tons of fun doing your own thing with it. I almost gave up trying to close on our house- they don't make it easy.