Stop the Gag Reflex. Click to help real people.

September 20, 2011

Aspen Grove

In August my brother and sister and their families had a trip to Aspen Grove planned. At the last minute, literally, my mom and I decided to go for the week with my kids too! Jonathan had to work unfortunately. Jonathan and I met while working at Aspen Grove and my family vacationed there almost every summer when I was growing up, so it brought back so many fun memories.

Aspen Grove is filled with fun activities for kids and families.


One of the best parts - no cooking or cleaning! All of the meals are in the dining hall and the food is so good.

The kids really loved swimming.

Mini golf


During the day the kids go with their age groups. Here is Jack with the three-year-olds (the Stompers). They did arts and crafts, went swimming, read stories, and went on a treasure hunt, just to name a few things!

My mom was SO much help. Jack and Scarlett seem to love her more than me so they were in heaven during the whole week. Grandma played COUNTLESS games of Go Fish and Old Maid with Jack. Every night in the cabin, she scratched Jack's back until he fell asleep.
While the kids were in age groups the adults got to do so many fun things too. We played badminton, shuffle board, board games, napped, relaxed, and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.

One of the highlights of the trip for me was doing the Ropes Course. We didn't know if they would even let me do it since I was five months pregnant at the time. But I did get to do it and I loved it! I felt like all of the time I've spent at the gym trying to stay in shape really paid off and it was a really proud moment for me.


1 comment:

Keri said...

That looks so fun Emily! I miss you!!